Your shoulder is one of the largest and most vital joints in the body. If you have shoulder pain, it’s important to seek treatment, as the pain can become chronic and lead to further complications. At Davis Family Chiropractic and Massage, PLLC in Vancouver, WA, we offer a variety of treatments to provide you with relief and improve your mobility.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Determining the exact cause of shoulder pain can be difficult and can occur due to a variety of causes. Some common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Rotator Cuff Injury: A rotator cuff injury is caused by overuse or repetitive motion and often results in severe shoulder pain
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis occurs when the tendons that support your shoulder become inflamed, which can develop due to age or overuse
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and it affects the joints in the shoulder, as well as other parts of the body. The disease can cause pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion
- Bursitis: Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa, which are small sacs filled with fluid that help cushion the shoulder joint
- Frozen Shoulder: Frozen shoulder is also known as adhesive capsulitis and a condition that causes the ligaments and muscles in the shoulder to become stiff from lack of motion
- Referred Pain: Some types of pain, such as neck pain and joint pain, can occur in the shoulder even if the source of he pain is from another part of the body
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractic care can be effective for shoulder pain and helps alleviate symptoms, while also providing long-term relief. Our chiropractor will examine your shoulder to determine the root cause of your pain and provide treatment that will be most beneficial for your condition.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
We offer various chiropractic treatments to alleviate your shoulder pain. Some treatments we utilize include the following:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Adjustments help restore the natural alignment of the spine, which can reduce pain and improve range of motion
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy helps relax tight muscles, improves circulation, and breaks up scar tissue that can be causing pain
- Physical Therapy Exercises: Physical therapy exercises are designed to help strengthen muscles and increase range of motion
- Ultrasound Therapy: ultrasound therapy uses soundwaves to stimulate tissue in the affected area, which helps reduce pain
Contact us for an Appointment Today
At Davis Family Chiropractic and Massage, PLLC in Vancouver, WA, we are dedicated to helping our patients find relief from shoulder pain. Once we evaluate your condition, we can provide a well-rounded treatment plan to help you heal. To schedule your appointment, contact us at (360) 823-2225 today!